Sunday, October 9, 2011

Witching Wednesday

Tonight I had the fun experience of going to a Haunted House, nightmare on 13th with my friend Emily and her friend, Wendy. I got all ready to go but when Emily came to pick me up I could not find my ticket. Anywhere. I made several looking sweeps around the apt before finding my ticket..... in the sink. I guess it fell out of my jacket when it was hanging over the sink????

I had a scary moment even before I entered the haunted house! A mummy came up to me, checked my ticket, and motioned for me to follow him, I assumed that there was something wrong with my ticket.... and what was I going to do then? Miss out? No, it turned out we just needed to be in the VIP line. We got a steal on VIP tickets which meant minimal line waiting. Yay!!!!

The first creature that got up in face and yelled, "You stink of fear!!!" scared me but after that, not so much. I'd either wave at the random creatures of give them a thumbs up :) Well, except one time. There was a scary hotel room and a scary guy blocking the door, who would ONLY let me go in the door, not Emily and Wendy, too. Just me. I heard the look on my face was terrified and I completely believe it! Whatever was on the other side of the door I did not want to face it alone!!! But really it was just a model hotel room.

There were parts where there were like punching bags and you had to squeeze your way through-thank goodness I am not claustrophobic! But there were "exit" signs/doors throughout. Whenever someone scary did jump out at me, though, I screamed. Loudly. There was a maze with mirrors that took some time and some wrong turns to figure out. But we did :)

One of my favorite parts were the optical illusion rooms, one had ramps that made it very hard to climb up because of the way that the room looked, not because of how the ramps were built..... There was also a tunnel where you walk on a catwalk, there's strobe lights and you don't know in the catwalk is moving, the tunnel is moving, or if nothing/both are moving. What a fun night I had! The right amount of fun and scariness :)

One of the biggest blessings was going to walmart with Emily while we were waiting for Wendy. I had been meaning to go grocery shopping for several days but just hadn't made it. I had no idea that tonight I would get to go but i did and what a HUGE blessing and tender mercy.
Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments: