Sunday, October 30, 2011

Steamroller Saturday

Went to a BYU game today (10/23) went with Mom. A steamroller BYU victory, 56-3 over Idaho!!!! Mom and I had GREAT seats-we were able to use Uncle Ralph's "chair seat" tickets (thanks!!!) and sat on the 15th rowm midfield. SO awesome!!! We could say the players, huddle, watch the play develop-the handoff, the quarterback scramble to throw, etc. The one downside? The ONLY voices cheering, singing the fight song, dancing, clapping, etc. Mine and Mom's. The rest were more like golf claps. I wanted to say, "Really, people??? Do you know how great these seats are????" But I digress..... We also enjoyed stadium hot dogs, something about hot dogs at a ballgame..... And I got my "rise up" football T-shirt
This is the view you get to see when your eyes are not on the field. Lovely.


That night I celebrated my birthday with some of my friends. Mandy and Anne were coming from church meetings and had the cake and the movie so there was a bit of wait time.... I said, "Well, we could play some games. Wait, I don't have any games here!" Thankfully, Eric C did in his truck, so I taught everyone how to play skipbo.

Towards the end of skipbo we were talking about Eric's job at Dominos Pizza and I said, "Doesn't pizza sound good right now?" Everyone agreed so I ordered pizza spontaneously! Well, actually Lisa ordered it online with her iphone, I paid for it. Thanks for taking care of that, Lisa!


The movie part of the night was watching "Back to the Future III" Last February my friends and I embarked on a conquest for me to watch all three BTTF movies, we watched 2 of the 3 in one night than finished tonight. I have now officially seen all 3 BTTF movies. Awesome. Loved them all. Here's a picutre of the movie playing. We also had crackers, popcorn and red licorice to satisfy our palates until the pizza came :)


Here's those that came (minus Anne & Brian who hadn't made it yet) Lisa, Emily, Amber, Mandy, me, Eric N, Eric C.


Anne & Mandy have recently branched out into a new hobby. Cake decorating! Each cakes design is created specifically for the person/event. This particular cake had a BTTF theme. The "Delorean" the car from the BTTF movies. Complete with details like the cars name, a "31" license plate, wheels (held in place by toothpicks) and lots more. Plus, this fondant actually tasted good!!!! I hear it's because they use a marshmallow fondant. I actually ate fondant off a cake this time around :)


Thanks, Friends!!!! You are the greatest!!!!!!












No comments: