Sunday, October 2, 2011

Theatre Thursday-Sept 15, 2011











So...... the shoe saga. When I left for work that morning, I THOUGHT I put in appropriate dress shoes to match my outfit for the play that night. But I ACTUALLY put in just one shoe :) And I didn't really want to wear my well-loved sneakers with a knee length skirt :) Next option? Borrow Mom's shoes. Which, as evidenced by the pictures, were clearly too big. 2 sizes too big. But I made it work the best I could until..... We stopped at Kmart on our way to to the Broadhead's for Lexi's birthday, on our way to the play. Thankfully it only took about 5 minutes to find a pair of shoes that I liked with a price I liked even more! Then I had time to help Mom pick out Lexi's gift, a pink apron and hot pad set. Adorable.


















Lexi in her new "tangled" costume-dress AND hair handmade, by talented mother Melanie. Lexi was THRILLED when she opened up the gift, she said, "It's my new Rapunzel hair!!!" Lexi loves 'Tangled" and can quote long sections of the movie when she feels so inclined. She even added her own lines for the scene where "Eugene" goes off in the boat, with Rapunzel watching. Lexi either says, "Eugene! Come back! I need a boat!!!" OR "Eugene! Come back! I WUV you!" Conveniently, the kitchen oven mitt and apron set matched perfectly with new kitchen set, that big brother Spencer put together for her :) And the funfetti cake with vanilla frosting was delightful.




















Then it was on to a show at Hale Center Theatre, a GREAT show, J0seph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Upbeat, fast moving, with awesome dancing and costumes. It's become habit that "I" recognize people when the folks and I go to plays at HTC. Former stake president and wife, Ripley's who were in our branch in the Philippines, to name a couple. Tonight it was another Philippines connection. President Val R. Christensen and wife. He was in the area presidency when we lived in the Philippines during my senior year. I felt very lifted up because he said he was "especially glad to see that I was doing well" and I was there with my Mom and Dad!






















During my senior year of high school, we had several discussions about choosing a college, he was a former VP at USU, an accomplished man with a very kind heart. He said that Snow was a great choice because typically when students transferred from Snow to USU, their gpa didn't drop, compared to other transfers. It was fun to tell him about how I had not only gone to Snow, but a BS from BYU and a MEd from the U. Good times :)






















Then after the show, more visiting, with Grant and Sharla Pullan, former stake president in a neighboring stake and their kids grew up together, dated together with my siblings. We all just stood on the sidewalk about the theatre, boys talked and the girls talked. About anything. Very fun. But we did visit for a long time.... See the picture below? TWO cars left in the parking lot. Nice.

























No comments: