Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thumb Thursday

Today after work, I went to Melanie's to do a mary kay makeover-yay for makeovers!!! Also got to spend time with one of the funnest people I know- Lexi!!!!!
She wanted to play make-up too, so I redirected her by letting her be my photographer for the event. A few pictures captured her thumb, hence the blog title, "Thumb Thursday" but she did get a few good ones!!!





Tinkerbell or Lizzie.....???? One of them anyway!!!


Annie-some of her anyway, making chicken noodle soup for dinner!


Applying eyeshadow




Some sisterly help and love :)

After the makeover, I went with Mel to her ward relief society meeting. Loved it! Met several fun & friendly people who made me feel very welcome :) There were several parts to the evening-first of all, crockpot cook-off! YAY! My favorite item won-creamy chicken. It was shredded chicken in a crockpot in a simple creamy sauce, sounds simple, yes, but my thought as I ate it.... "I didn't know chicken in a crockpot could taste this good!!!!" Then a lady from the shared some crockpot tips and tricks, such as.......

-if you're adding something creamy or seafood, add it at the end

-cook pasta on the stove first until it's about half-less crunchy, then add it.

-if you're doubling or tripling a recipe, do not double or triple the amount of liquid


Then a lady from the ward shared some cleaning tips and tricks, such as

-scrub the shower with a toothbrush

-wash mirrors with dishsoap and a rag


Then..... dessert!!!! In addition to the triple chip cookies i helped with, I loved the mini-cheesecakes. Mmmmmm....... so creamy!!!!!! Speaking of the triple chip cookies..... When I first got to Mel's house there was a mad search for Jeff's phone. It was found, but in the meantime, I got to make cookies! I was thrilled, I havent' made cookies in some time! They were triple chip cookies-with semisweet, peanut butter and butterscotch chips! When I finished the dough, the phone had been found so Annie baked them while I had my makeover

No comments: