Sunday, October 16, 2011

3 Times Tuesday

Tonight I was at Deborah's (Derbs) house babysitting. I didn't get home from working out with my trainer before Molly the babysitter had to go so when I got there, Saige was asleep in her crib, Carter was watching a movie and Ashley was playing at a neighbors. but I hadn't known which one before I got there so I asked Carter to show me.

Well, I went to the house where I THOUGHT I needed to go but either Carter pointed to the wrong house or I wasn't paying attention..... The first house had a big truck in the driveway, no toys outside, all blinds closed. It didn't LOOK like a child-friendly house but one never knows and I thought that was where Carter told me to go....... I knocked on the door. A very nice lady opened the door, she may have had a cigarette in hand, I don't remember.... She asked who I was looking for and I said, "Ummmm..... I'm trying to pick up a little girl....." Thank goodness she told me to try next door instead of calling the cops! About this strange woman who was "looking for a little girl"

I knew the people at the next house but Ashley wasn't there either. I didn't know the people at the next house.... but Ashley was there! Gave her a piggyback ride across the street home. Love that girl! She even showed me how she could tie shoes now! I had her tie my shoes :)

Then I got to visit with Derbs when she got home about work and life and boys and stuff :) She's always so thoughtful and treats me so well and does things for me when I babysit, as she said, "I'm a professional with children" Slept really well on her couch with possibly the most comfortable blanket EVER. Not kidding.

No comments: