Sunday, October 30, 2011

Masquerade Monday

Jake displaying the "Witches Hand" he made. Sorry, this pic is out of order, I know....



Each Halloween the one event I look forward to the most is..... Family Halloween Party!!!! Mom and Dad always pull out all the stops including food, decor, costume, activities and no two parties are ever the same!!!!




Here's how it all went down.....




Wickman, the Transformer
Mom as a Spider, props to her for the idea, design and creation!!!! Cora, also a spider??? The only shot I could get off the whole night.... Posing for pics was not on her agenda....








Sabrina the Skunk, way to work that tail, Sabrina!!!





Dad as Zorro and Sara the Knight going to battle!!!








And the battle continues!!! Sara the knight and Jake the vampire





Grace as Sleeping Beauty





Jessica and Sam as Princess & the Frog








Carter the Ninja and Faris the Grim Reaper








Me as a Runner, a very comfortable costume, I might add!!!! Holding Saige the Bunny. Funny story about my costume-Deborah asked me about my medal, I casually said, "Oh, it's just because I won the race.... I mean... finished the race!!!!"








Jessica made "Witches Brew" rootbeer with dry ice. Delicious!








Common occurrence of the night-Saige pulling on/trying to eat my headphones :)








Lexi and Ashley enjoying their pizza dinner. Note the pan that's by Lexi on the table, part of her "Tangled" costume. She was Rapunzel, Melanie was the mother, Spencer was Flynn Ryder. Quite a sight!!!!!









More pics of the kids, including Beck as an elephant sans mask, and Ashley as a "witch princess" Classic Ashley costume! Why choose between costumes when you can have 2?!?!
Dad explaining how to play "Pumpkin Bowling"





The "pins" Toilet paper rolls with faces





Beck putting his fingers in the pumpkin bowling ball holes








Lexi frosting/decorating her "ghost" I was a bit slow to pick up on that one.... At first I thought they were white christmas trees!!!!









Davey the army guy in part of his uniform and Allen as the "Zombie Vampire Camper" he had taken off his camping backpack by this point. Love Allen and his creativity!!!!





Carter diligently making his "skeleton" with q-tips cut in half





Bennett helping out in the "Spook Alley" why his head is on the table I don't remember.....




my first time through the spook alley was with Mel, Saige, Ashley, Wick, Beck and Grace. Halfway through Saige started fussing, so Mel took her back to Deborah and I finished the spook alley with Lexi & Wick on one arm.... Grace & Beck on the other arm..... :)




And..... the ever popular "Donut on a String!!!" As my Mom said, "Lexi, Wick, Beck & Ashley thinking this is way too messy!"



























No comments: