Sunday, October 9, 2011

Funny Friday

Tonight friends and I had the opportunity go up to Brian Lambson's family cabin for the night. Thanks for hosting, Brian! For getting there, I was part of "Team Kerri"-the 5 of us rode in Kerri's car. Me, Kerri, Emily, Martha and MaryLynn, with AWESOME snacks provided by MaryLynn for the drive to Heber.


Somehow Brian went ahead and got separated from the rest of the group..... And somehow.... we weren't sure of the cabin number.... And.... it was dark and the cabin had no electricity (no lamps were on yet) so while we could rule out cabins with lights on as "not the one" we didn't know where to find a cabin with no lights..... So there was a group of about 5 cars, taking turns calling and texting till Brian came to rescue us in his car. Thanks, Brian! This was an awesome memory, though! It reminded me of girls camp, waiting in the parking lot till we were all there and it was FINALLY time to go!



How many friends can fit under a blanket???? 4-Gretchen, MaryLynn, Martha & Emily. So while there was no electricity, there WERE battery powered lamps that provided an INCREDIBLE amount of light, and we all had either a cellphone or a flashlight we could take with us to the bathroom :)


Group shot-post dinner, bundled in coats and blankets :) Me, Gretchen, MaryLynn, Martha, Emily, Lisa, Becky. This was after our delicious dinner of pulled pork and rolls, chips, veggie tray, broccoli cheese soup. PLUS, birthday goodies, courtesy of Anne and Mandy. A butterfly cake for Jordan, a lightbulb cake for Eric.

The whole group.... This was just after Brian played his AWESOME slide show, full of pictures from over the last year. So fun to relive past memories with those you know and love :) My favorite ones of me were those where I was wearing my white winter hat with a puffball on top and ties, I could see it from a distance in pictures... "Hey, that's me!" Oh, and we also got caught up wtih lots of friends we don't see every week (they moved, new ward, etc) and quizzed each other on Trivial Pursuit questions. Like, the longest train is NOT in Russia, it's an Australia. Or at least it was when the cards were written :) But it didn't keep me from asking Emily who was reading the car, "Are you SURE it's not in Russia????"


And now.... for the "funny part" so during the drive up there, the time at the cabin
and driving home after midnight..... And you know how the later it is, the funnier you and your friends seem to get???? Here's a couple of my favorites from various times of the night....


Martha:"If the cabin doesn't have a toilet i might be OK with an outhouse..." Emily: "Are you anti-toilet?" Martha:"No, I am definitely pro-toilet!"

Me: Saying something about "Nick Lachey" Emily: (strange look at me) "Did you just say neglige????"

Emily: Telling a story about an MBA student she met through work who called to complain, "My balance is at zero and I paid my tuition in full!!!" Me: "I think MBA might stand for Minimal Brain Activity"


Laughing with friends...... Not many activities more enjoyable than that!!!!!!








No comments: