Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sprite Sunday

Had a good night sleep, woke up early and finished reading my book, "Pumpkin Cake Roll," a culinary mystery by Josi Kilpack, big fan of her work :) Had breakfast with Mom and Dad out in the Garden Room and then curled my hair. Tried to take a nap in between sessions but was unsuccessful so instead I joined Mom and Dad in eating a meal of stuffed peppers, which Mom makes quite well! And..... zucchini cake. Frosted zucchini cake, recipe courtesy of Rita Greenwood. I took a couple slices home with me for later....

After conference was concluded and after Mom's Messiah meeting, we took a walk to Uncle Robert and Aunt Brigitte's down the street. We had copies of Grandpa Morley's life history to deliver for Brigitte's kids. And Mom and I thought a walk would be nice. It was but true to Morley family tradition, we were then invited to stay for refreshments. The traditional pineapple sherbet icecream with sprite, a twist on the root beer float, if you will.

We sat down at the picnic table and reminisced about neighbors, family, Grandpa, good times we had in the backyard, particularly in the treehouse. Cousin Chantal was particularly good at coming up with summer fun, like backyard fashion shows :) Fun, relaxing and my favorite part of any activity, unexpected! I love life's little surprises!

No comments: