Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sister Saturday--Sept 24, 2011

This year I got to attend Women's Relief Society Conference with 2 delights. (1) Going with my Mom and sister Deborah (2) attending in the Conference Center. The highlight was President Uchtdorf's talk with 5 "Forget Me Nots" Forget Not- be patient with yourself, the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice, be happy now, the "why" of the gospel, that the Lord loves you! I love hearing from him, with his accent I could listen to him talking about ANYTHING, but he seems to have such an innate grasp on the life of a woman. Their thoughts, feelings, concerns, successes, etc. Amazing!!! Waiting for our TRAX train, we rode down with Lila Horrocks, the 8th Ward Relief Society president and a fabulous lady.

Me putting on my makeup while waiting for the TRAX train, I had gone with Kerri on a run that morning and then to the Stake RS breakfast and had left my makeup in her car so..... I borrowed Mom's makeup!



After the conference, Mom, Deborah and I met up with cousins Marchelle and Maegan for dinner @ Jason's Deli @ The Gateway. Places close to the Conference Center had lines out the door so we hopped on TRAX. SO fun to be together with family!!!! We all ate very well! My chicken enchilada soup was too spicy for my liking but I loved Mom's french onion soup. My veggies flatbread was delightful as was the large dill pickle! Other ladies enjoyed the muffaletta and we all shared a slice of strawberry cheesecake. We also downed the pitchers of water-we were parched!!!!





Eating dinner @ Jason's Deli @ Gateway. Restaurants right around the Conference Center had lines going out the door so we hopped on TRAX and rode to gateway. We chatted about family reunion, past and future, family history, ward callings, anything and everything. Love all of these ladies. Lots!!!! We hoped that we could share the baggie of Graham Crackers that Debo had in her purse, but instead she pulled out..... her tv remote :)

















Comfy and Cozy on the Trax Train on the way home after dinner, MUCH more space this time around! The first time was standing room only for me and Deborah, at least we got to stand together!

1 comment:

Marchelle said...

what a great time we had! loved being with you ladies too!! it's always a good time with the family!