Sunday, October 9, 2011

Symphony Saturday

Jan (mom) and Aunt Elizabeth-violinists, sisters, shopping buddies, best friends :)


Tonight was the first Salt Lake Symphony Concert of the season! YAY! It was a patriotic themed concert and did not disappoint. My favorite was the 3rd movement of the New England Triptych- an upbeat, marching-type song that used to be a Christian Hymn. And while I love the BYU campus, the layout, etc. but I admit that I LOVE Libby Gardner Concert Hall at the U. It's light colored wood is absolutely gorgeous.


There was a good showing tonight-Uncle Dave, Dad, Mike & Deborah who where there on a date (I sat next to Deborah and we got each other caught up) Matt and his fiance Annie Marsh. Love her already! And..... Mike showed me how to play "Angry Birds" on his iphone. Angry Birds was even mentioned in a conference talk! And I have to admit.... after a few minutes of playing and learning that pigs were involved (I had no idea before) I totally see the appeal!!!


And after the concert, pictures. Because as I said to Deborah, "Someday we'll be dead...... And we'll want to remember......That Mom and Aunt Elizabeth played in the Salt Lake Symphony!" Aunt Elizabeth is also the concert mistress, fyi.


Me and Mom, post-concert.

No comments: