Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Favorites

-Read more of a GREAT book- "The Guernsey and Potato Peel Society" Love it!!!!
-Watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (my favorite parts were the Rockettes and the Sesame Street float-the characters have aged very gracefully, FYI!)
-Had an outfit (plaid skirt) that allowed me to wear my red patent leather heels! Love them.
-Watched the replay of the 2006 BYU/UT game, relived all the glory of the Beck to Harline touchdown. Just as good as it was live!

-Ate the frozen cranberry salad (mom's specialty)
-Other favorites: salmon dip, stuffed mushrooms,veggie tray,mushroom stuffing
-Making my pies: peanut butter chocolate chip (rich but very good) and apple. (I used premade pie crust and canned filling but I did make the crumb crust topping from scratch!!!)
-Sat at the teen's table with cousin Whitney, Addison, Jessica, Katie (who'd had her wisdom teeth out the day before. Rough). Fun to visit with them. Lotsa fun.

-Singing karaoke with the family
Mom (La Bamba and Hound Dog) Debo (YMCA) Allen (Here Comes the Sun- apparently he has a thing for the Beatles....) Faris (Surfer Girl) Jake (I am a Child of God) Wickman (Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam) Dave and Sabrina sang as well but I don't remember the songs.....
-We used Mom's roller hair brush for the micro"faux"ne (hahaha)

No comments: