Sunday, November 21, 2010

Heck of a Season Boys

The title comes from one of my favorite movies, "Remember the Titans" technically, I think it might not be "heck" but close enough, right????
Here are some of my favorite memories from BYU football this year. Yes, I know the season isn't over yet by a long shot, I'm talking about the home games I've attended this year....
-Having season tickets wtih Mom, Dad, brother Dave and alternatively nephews Faris and Errol
-Having my friend Kerri join me for 3 of the games and doing double high fives with her after touchdowns are scored
-Going to a game with our friends Kyle and Brian
-My 7.00 BYU t-shirt from Walgreens, worth it many times over. I love it!!!!
-Seeing the extreme tailgating parties in the parking lot
-Burgers and fries at Apollo Burger. So filling, but oh, so good.
-Trips to the Pita pita with Kerri. Whole wheat pita, with "extras" avocado and hummus

-Passes caught, field goals kicked, touchdowns scored
-Not getting lost in the stadium. Not once! And if you know me, that says a LOT.
-Waiting in line to fill my water bottle at the drinking fountain. (Funny story: yesterday I forgot I had half a bottle of water left in my purse and so I chugged it fast so the guy would let me in with it. And then..... all the drinking fountains were shut off for winter. So I can't bring it in with water and i can't fill it up, either. More money for concessions, I guess!)
-Accidentally drinking the whole water bottle of the stranger sitting next to me. So far, no diseases that I know of....

-Watching the game with my 7yr old nephew, Jake. Having him sit on my lap to keep me warm, asking me questions about Cosmo the Cougar and telling me his friends Dad worked for "Les Olsen Company" when he heard the commercial playing
-Hearing the song "I've got soul, but I'm not solider," and watching past clips
-Seeing the John Beck to Johnny Harline 2006 pass/touchdown replayed. I never get tired of seeing it.....
-Singing the fight song, and on-key! And I mean ALL the fight song, not just "Rise and Shout"
-Hearing "Sweet Caroline" and not knowing words beyond that.....
-Stomping by feet on the metal bleachers, yelling "Juice" for Joshua Quezada and "B" for when each section of the stadium yells B-Y-U-Cougars!!!!
-Sitting next to my Mom, chatting with her and eating Kettle Corn when the game gets tense.....
-A really, really good hot dog with ketchup and mustard
-Stuffing our pockets with halloween candy (hiding it) and eating it during the game.
-Asking my brother lots of football questions and him answering them

No comments: