Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monday

A rundown of yesterday's events: (I'm trying blog more to record events becuase blogging about it AND writing in a journal has proved to be exhausting)
-FHE: cornbread and chilli cook-off. Would have loved to contribute but unfortunately it didn't get announced until Sunday at church. Oh, well. Thanks to those many who made so many good things on short notice!

My favorites of the night: Red and white chili (made by Sister Barrow, the bishops wife) that won "best chili" it had chicken and white beans and red peppers and now I want the recipe...... My friend Mandy won the "best cornbread" award for her "Oh, my heck this is good" and I was also a fan of the "white corn" cornbread because it was different. At any rate, I ate VERY well.

Then we had a small surprise party for our friend Brian (who refused to tell us the date of his birthday until his sister ratted him out at dinner on saturday) We played catch phrase, watched the last quarter of the Jazz game- noting how the last seconds can take minutes, and in my opinion, why foul at the end of the game when you're behind? Yes, it stops the clock and gives time to get the ball back but the team almost always seems to make the free throw and this just racks up the score? But then, heaven knows I know all about NBA coaching!
More catch phrase, then ice cream and a rich but delicious chocolate cake- I made sure to eat the frosting FIRST. As I always do......

And there you have it, folks.

No comments: