Sunday, November 21, 2010

Awesome Day!!!!

-Went to Messiah rehearsal with my friends Anne and Mandy. Mandy played her favorite organ fugue for me, "Toccata in G" the organ music they play around Halloween time. But I learned there is much more to it than the opening chords!!!

-Breakfast with my cousin Marchelle at Denny's. We went to Denny's because that was one of his favorite restaurant to go to and it was his birthday this month. We split gingerbread french toast (talk about a fantastic smell!!!) and cranberry orange pancakes and they had a 4 item special so I also got hashbrowns with plenty o' ketchup, whole wheat pancakes (saved for later) and we each got a slice of ham steak, discovering that we both like ham over turkey. Huh. Who knew? It's probably because we're related.....

-We shared our favorite Grandpa memories. Marchelle's was putting up Grandpa's tree every year. Mine was how he always made you feel loved "just the way you are." For me, there is/was nothing quite like a Grandpa's love. :)

-Went with Kerri (we met my brother and sons there) for the final home game vs New Mexico, BYU won 40-7, with passing touchdowns, a fumble recovery and at least one interception in the end zone. Yeah!!!!! I got to sing the fight song a lot :)

-The day was cold and cloudy (with a 4pm kickoff) but I actually stayed warm with leggings and jeans, two shirts, a sweatshirt and parka. And mercifully, sitting in the south end zone we were protected from the wind. When I did get close, I would wrap my arms my nephew Errol to keep him warm, too!

-And of course, no trip to Provo with Kerri is complete without a trip to the Pita Pit! I got a chicken souvlaki pita this time. It was good, but I think next time I'll try something else or go back to black forest ham, the usual.

Other fun/grateful/memorable moments:
-My brother driving the car in a snowstorm on the way home, glad it wasn't me driving!
-When my nephews had asked lots of times, "How long till we get home?" Dad told them not to ask again, so later Errol said, "Dad, this isn't a time question..... how many miles until we get home?" Hilarious!
-Another stick of gum from Kerri and a bottle of water from her brother and sister-in-law
-Running on the treadmill while watching BYU basketball and/or SDSU vs UT football. Defiinitely kept me engaged and running longer and faster!!!
-How nice it looks from my window with white, clean, snow everywhere.
-Cheering for SDSU (never done that one before) while running, pumping my fist and yelling, "Go Aztecs!!!"

Ahhhhhhh, life. I love you.

No comments: