Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things to Remember and a New Goal

Things to Remember- Tuesday 11/16/2010

-Had a Relief Society Meeting tonight- was surprised that not more people came- it was a night of Free Holiday Cooking and sampling. I chose to go with the group that made Toffee, Natalie taught us how to make it, simple and SO good with guitard chocolate chips and sliced almonds. MMmmmmmm.... Plus, it's sweet, salty AND crunchy! What more could you want for a holiday treat?!?!

-Standing outside cold in the church parking lot because no one had a key (it was freezing, but a fun memory, the different things you do to stay warm.....)

-Finished a book, "Why I Believe" stories from lots of people who are LDS- athletes, politicians, professors, businessman, etc. Very good book.

-Had/have hair that is long enough to pull in a ponytail and not look completely ridiculous....

-Visiting with my friend Amber C, and laughing with her

-Taking my turn to stir the butter and sugar for the toffee and realizing just how quickly my arm got tired..... I shifted positions a lot.... :)

-Texts from my cousin and friend, Marchelle and my dear friend Kerri. Thanks, Friends!

-Watched an episode of one of my favorite shows, Man vs Food, while on the treadmill

-Wrapping myself up in my Grandma's pink patchwork quilt on the couch

-How much I love to snack on plain, plain, plain Cheerios. Seriously. I eat them by the handful. And I usually take a baggie full with me to work for breakfast :)

-How blessed I am!!!!!!

It's my NEW GOAL to post something like this every day before I go to bed. For me, I can't think of a much better way to unwind before bed than reflecting on good, grateful things. So..... if you read this blog, and if you do, THANKS!!!!! Feel free to check regularly for updates :)

No comments: