Monday, November 29, 2010

The Vacation Continues......

Wednesday morning I woke up and saw that my sister had called, she needed a babysitter and since I didn't have to work, I could do it! She brought Carter and Ashley over and Ashley helped me finish making breakfast, "Apple Toffee French Toast," yes, it is as heavenly as the title says it is but...... rather time consuming. Slicing bread into cubes (easier when it's a bit frozen), peeling and then slicing apples, chopping the skor bars, etc. But worth all of it!

The rest of the time, Carter and Ashley played (Carter had the fisher price hospital and the little people and a bad guy kept knocking people over. The police couldn't help because they were busy taking care of a car accident.) We also played "battleship" and I guess Carter doesn't have much confidence in my navigation/detection skills because whenever I found one of his ships he'd ask if I could see his board..... When Deborah came to pick up the kids I really wanted her stay and eat brunch with us (fresh out of the oven) and so I was very glad when she accepted!

Had grilled cheese sandwiches (no one can make them like my Mom) and watched "Myth Busters" Can milk stop a muzzle flash from creating an explosion? No. Is it hard to get out of a car in the water when it's upside down vs right side up? Yes.

Again, went to bed happy. Had my Mom come in and tell me/kiss me goodnight? Should I be concerned that I'm 30 and still like my Mom to tell me/kiss me goodnight?????

No comments: