Monday, November 29, 2010

The Long Vacation (and Why I'm Glad for Snow)

I ended up having quite a nice, long Thanksgiving break with some help from school closure and..... snow!!! The school where i have my classroom was closed for that week, so Monday and Tuesday were prep days for me (no children). There was a half-day staff breakfast/meeting on Wednesday.

Here's how it began.....
Left work early afternoon on Tuesday due to the impending snow storm/blizzard. They sent staff and kids home. My mom was going to pick me up after my respite care job that night but the family was home-bound as well, so Mom came early! After getting settled in the guest room (my bedroom is currently a storage room) Mom realized we didn't have apple juice to make a special recipe for the next morning. Called my sister to see if she had any, she wasn't home, so we jumped in the car and went to the gas station store down the street, with a goal to get home by 5:00. The snow wasn't bad yet but the wind was awful. Shutting the car door was an adventure! But we got the apple juice.

Checked my work e-mail and discovered...... early vacation!!!! Staff meeting tomorrow canceled due to snow!!!! Watched the Jazz game, rubbed Mom's feet, went to bed very happy!!!!
Woke up in the middle of the night but no worries- I didn't have to go work so I could go back to sleep at my leisure and sleep until 9:15! Lovely.

No comments: