Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stove Saturday

Today my Mom cooked for me with love. Yep, love. And delicousness :) We went to Errol's basketball game this morning, Go, Errol!!! Was greeted with a huge hug by Wick, Mom charmed Cora with Smarties and saw Errol score a basket. Awesome!!!!

On the way home, I was thinking a cheese quesadilla sounded really good. I don't know why that is such a comfort food for me but it IS. We looked for a taco bell on the way home but didn't see one so Mom cooked one when we got home! She didn't have a lot of time, but she made a big one anyone and we shared it. When I make a quesadilla it's cheese sliceso on a tortilla nuked in the microwave for 42 seconds. Yes, 42 seconds.

Mom's was much more high class. Cheese, 2 tortillas, bacon bits, hashbrowns. Cooked not in the microwave, but on the stove. Hence the blog title :) Mom didn't have a whole lot of time but she really gave of herself. Thanks, Mom!

Babysitting at the Broadhead's that night? LOTS of fun. Watching Annie get ready for Sweethearts Dance looking absolutely beautiful in a red dress handmade by her Mom, snuggling with Lexi, Brandon & Johnathon on the couch while watching Toy Stor y 3. Chillin' with Sara. Helping Davey & Ethan with their Valentines Day boxes-loved reverting to my childhood memories, creativeness, living the childhood excitement of it all through my nephews, having them ask for my ideas but really thinking outside the box themselves! Ethan made a chuckwagon with a toy horse and Davey made an airplane. Got the kids in bed (and according to Jeff, Brandon woke up the next morning saying "Where's Heather? I want her to come stay with us!") and after Annie got home and before Mel & Jeff got home, she got me hooked on Psych, with us watching it together.

Also had a chance to visit with Katie and Addison yesterday. LOVED hearing about Katie's college dates and ward callings, class adventures. Addison getting a tie that will match his date's dress for Sweetheart's, arranging his work schedule, taking the ACT. So awesome watching them grow up for little kids that I used to babysit to competent teens and young adults!

No comments: