Thursday, February 2, 2012

So..... it's been awhile.....

So.... it's been awhile. For now, let's hit some December highlights :)

-For the family Christmas this year, my Mom added a new twist, a grandkid Christmas recital of sorts! Jake, Addison, Davey, Faris played the piano. Ashley and Ethan played the violin. But my favorite moment? Jake got up to introduce his number-he proudly said, "I'm going to play 2 pieces. 'Dashing Through the Snow' and 'Jingle Bells'" Love it!!!!

-For Christmas this year, Santa brought me a portable speaker-a surprise-yay!!! It's one of those where you can plug in your ipod and broadcast music anywhere. And I may or may not have sponatenously burst into Karaoke song at a party before, so..... it will come in handy! The rest of my recieved gifts? Clothes and shoes. Sweet. And God bless my Mom who accompanied me on two lengthy shopping trips to pick out the clothes and shoes!

-Gifts to family? Tickets to Mom and Dad- for BYU young ambassadors & living legends. For Mike and Derbs-tickets to BYU ballroom (they like to ballroom dance together) and free overnight babysitting

-Mom and Dad spent about a week in GA visiting Angela and family so I got to house sit for them. I ended up sleeping in their large comfortable, kingsize bed each night. I didn't intend to at first... but the first night I slept there because I was alone and I could watch tv from their to help me relax. And then the next night I wasn't feeling great and after that, my own bed just wasn't as appealing! I did however, remake their bed with freshly washed sheets. And that was an act of love because their bed making skills are immaculate and professional!

-While at Costco with Mom, I picked out the dvd "Amazing-BYU basketball 2010-2011. Mom got one as well to give to McKay for Christmas. Then the day after Christmas at a quick trip to Costco.... I got one for me! I just couldn't resist/wait much longer :) AND..... while watching it with the Rawlings clan in GA..... we discovered that Jenson has a cameo in the dvd!!! He's a fan holding up a sign in the Gonzaga NCAA tournament game, holding up a sign that "Superman sleeps in a white jimmer jersey" Yay, Jenson!!!!

-On Christmas eve, M & D and I carried what on I think.... is the 3rd year in a row.... Watching "It's a Wonderful Life" on channel 5. Love that movie! Like, a lot.

-Helped with the folks' 3rd annual Nativity Open House. This year the attendees were those my parents knew from working in the temple.

-sang in 2 Christmas programs this year! My own ward and my Mom's. My ward choir, bless them, only does music by the same composer, consistently and I wanted some variety, and.... I got it!

-Funny story about Cora & Saige. Saige recieved an interactive storybook for Christmas, but it took awhile for her to get into it so Cora took it over for her, carrying it around the room. At one point, she passed by Saige who was just chillin' on the floor, muttered, "Hmph!!!" And held the book that much closer to her chest.

-For my sibling gift I recieved a beautiful dress from Downeast-love the orange/rust/peach color.... and a book.

-Probably more to follow but for now.... YAY for December and Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Happy to hear you're happy, Miss Heather! Your new dress sounds gorgeous!