Sunday, February 5, 2012

Celebrating in Style!!!! Part 2

Had New Years Eve Day dinner @ the Morleys. Uncle Russell & Paula were there, along with Nate & Wendee-Brockston & new baby Jamison, Marchelle & Jon, Jake & Al, Maegan & Rocko (the dog). Marchelle & I exchanged gifts she gave me the games scrabble and uno so I can actually have games to play with friends when they come over. So I don't have a repeat of, "Hey, lets play some games! Oh, wait.... I don't have any...." I gave her a gift card for a pregnancy massage. All around it was win-win. And I LOVE visiting Uncle Russell & Aunt Paula's house. I have spent lots of time there since I was young and feel very comfortable there.

For dinner, everyone brought a different kind of pizza-yum! And there was the usual holiday fare-cheese balls & crackers, chips & dips. And it was all. very. good. I also really liked the homemade grape juice mixed with sprite. I think I had 3 or 4 glasses of it :)

After dinner? Telestrations time!!! Telestrations is a game where there are cards with 5 words on them. Someone rolls the dice and everyone draws the corresponding word on a piece of paper. So if you rolled a "2" and mice was the #2 word on your card-you drew a monkey. Well, actually the paper was part of a book-cut sheets of computer paper stapled together. You draw a picture, pass it to the person next to you. They look at your picture, try to guess what it is, right the word/phrase on next page in the book, pass it to the person next to you, who then tries to draw a picture of the word you wrote. And I do mean "try" one of the most fun parts of the game is seeing where the word/pictures end up by the last/10th page of the book. It's all up to artisitc interpretation!!!

For example, on one page there was a bowl of something, with steam rising above it, some mice, and something else... And I put down earmuffs for the picture. Have no idea about the connection! Except that there was hot food and when it's cold you wear earmuffs, right? Earmuffs vs teriyaki rice bowls. Those terms are interchangeable, right??? For "chin" I drew a picture of a face with several arrows pointing to, I thought, the chin. However, Maegan thought I was pointing an Adam's apple which then led to pictures representing Adam, the tree of life, etc. After seeing the last picture, Uncle Russell wrote, "crying boy pear tree" Um, OK. But as he said, "It would make a great Indian name!" Yep, it was one of those games that makes your stomach hurt and you have to remind yourself to take a breath because you are laughing so hard :)

Then, to conclude the evening, we bundled up into coats and headed to the driveway where Jake and Nate set off fireworks. They were awesome to watch but I am not a fan of starting fires/flames, except with an aim & flame, I dont' even like lighting matches.... So I did not volunteer in any way to set off the fireworks.

No comments: