Sunday, February 5, 2012

Celebrating in Style!!! Part 1

I had a GREAT New Years Eve & Day this year. Here are some highlights.....
-Spent new years Eve with the Neerings clan. As a quick sidenote, for Christmas my parents gave several of the granddaughters velour adidas track suits. Very cute. Ashley esp LOVED hers, she changed it right away and wore it consistently for the next few days. By consistently I mean, sleeping in it and still wearing in the morning. One of these days I babysat Saige while Deborah took Carter & Ashley, each with a friend to Jungle Jim's Playland. Ashley's response when Deborah suggested she change her outfit-"But Mom I'm going to be moving around a lot @ Jungle Jim's and it's the perfect moving around outfit!" It is now dubbed her "moving around outfit" I tell you, Ashley is destined for BIG things in fashion. She even has notebooks where she draws outfits for different occassions. And the first day back to school after the holiday? She wore her moving around outfit and to school in the morning. Anyway......

When I got there, Ashley was NOT wearing her "moving around outfit" but it was laid out on her bed for her to change into later :) Instead, she had picked out matching outfits for her & Saige, jeans & white hooded tops. Adorable. I got to love on Saige and chat with her Mom during dinner prep. So awesome. Carter was also kind of enough to let me borrow his book, "Lightning Thief" the first book in the "Percy Jackson" series.

For dinner, we had bbq chicken, squash, ham, green beans,..... I tell you it was a feast! And have I mentioned how much I like eating ham? I like it a lot :) And candy & flavored popcorn for dessert :) Then when Saige was in bed, it was time for..... games!!!!! We played apples to apples jr, one of my faves. Ashley was very particular about choosing the "right/best" card to put down and took her sweet time, but in kindergarten and reading apples to apples cards.... Impressive! Ashley won a round & Carter won a round.

After that, we watched a Jackie Chan movie via netflix-The Spy Next Door. The kids chose it and was great for an hour, but after the kids were in bed, neither Deborah nor I wanted to finish. Bless Jackie Chan's heart, he has great kung-fu moves but as a general actor..... don't love him so much. Then we still had some time to kill before bed so Derbs was kind enough to let me choose a netflix episode, I ended up choosing up an episode from Numb3rs. Came home feeling very happy & very loved :)

No comments: