Sunday, February 5, 2012

Overnight Babysitting

This past weekend Mike and Deborah chose "cash in" on part of my Christmas gift to them, overnight babysitting! Had a GREAT time with the kids, they were truly, as my Mom would say, "good as gold." It was already decided before dinner that we could watch a netflix movie that night so when I was trying to get Carter and Ashley to help with dinner prep and I used the phrase, "C'mon guys. We're all in this together!!!" Carter said, "I do NOT want to watch High School Musical tonight!" Dinner was taco salads and after cleanup and Saige was in bed, they decided on the Netflix movie, "Phineas and Ferb-the 2nd Dimension." Fine with me! I much prefer that over "Power Rangers" anything.....

Then there was the movie prep. And I do mean prep. Carter popped 2 bags of popcorn and he and Ashley each brought in 2 pillows, 2 blankets and 2 stuffed animals into the room to be comfy while watching the movie. I loved it! It truly made "watching a movie" an "experience."

I tried valiantly to get cute pics of Saige this weekend but I was largely unsuccessful. Now that she is fully mobile it's much more difficult to get pics of her from the front & to get her to pause long enough to "pose and smile" for a picture. Ah, well. The kids all slept through the night and were total rockstars about getting in and getting their jobs done. The next morning we went to Carter's b-ball game @ the rec center. Carter had asked the night before to please not "cheer" for him and say stuff like "Go Carter!!!" because it could be embarassing and I respected his wishes. Just watched the game as a bystander and played with Saige while Ashley colored.

One more thing, not too long after I got to the house, I picked up Ashley for a hug. She didn't say much but was just moving her hands. I thought, "what is going on? Is she entering a mime phase????" Thankfully, Deborah was still there and clued me in that Ashley was trying to sign to me, "You're pretty!" Love those kids. Each of them.

No comments: