Sunday, August 28, 2011

Windy Wednesday

Tonight I had the chance to go with my Mom to her ward's Relief Society Summer potluck. I jump at any chance to with her to her Relief Society activities. A lot of the ladies still there have known me since I was born and so I feel very much at "home" there. And it was held in my Aunt Paula/Uncle Russell's backyard, a place I feel very much at home, anyway!

Back to the wind, it was windy and drizzling so much that it looked like it was going to be called off but the sun pulled through just in time.....

Could not even come close to picking a favorite potluck item-but the smell when I entered the backyard....... AMAZING. I remember there was some sort of a tuna salad that was very tasty (I'm always impressed when someone can make tuna "tasty") Mom's striped "heirloom" tomatoes created quite a buzz, seeing tomatoes like that! We sat at the table with among other people a faithful Presbytirian who came with her neighbor! She was as delightful as they come and I was in awe of the Mormon neighbor that brought her and took such good care of her. Anytime anyone passed by she would say, "Have you met so and so, yet???"

After the potluck Mom and I went to the library-I'm trying to expand my "mind" and read all kinds of books, "good books" that make me think, but I did get one of my standby favorites, "culinary mystery" That and historical fiction are my favorites.

Then we stopped by Deborah (derber)'s house so I could give her some clothes I cleaned out from my closet, to see if she wanted them. When we approached the house-the car was there, lights were on inside, but no answer..... So after a couple of minutes of knocking and then wantint to make sure she was OK, we let ourselves in. The door was unlocked, it's not like we have a lock-picking kit or anything.... :) She was there just putting Ashley to bed. We visited it was fun, I went to bed happy. Glad to have been able to spend so much time with the one's I love :)

No comments: