Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunrise Saturday

This past Friday and Saturday I had the opportunity to hike Mt Timp with Kerri and Olivia. It was mine and Kerri's 2nd time, Olivia's first. However.... it was the first time for all of us to do it in the middle of the night! It was a true adventure but one I am SO glad I didn't miss.

A 14 mile hike has its own challenges, but for me, the biggest challenges was the large patches of snow! Yes, snow, At the end of August. I slipped and fell on my bottom in the snow. 4 times, actually. So we took pictures, at my encouragment.

The views were fantastic. The waterfalls, the wildflower fields (see below) crammed with color. An unobstructed view of the sunrise. The sky changing colors so fast that you didn't want to look away for too long for fear of missing it! I brought first aid supplies and Kerri and Olivia totally rocked with the snacks!!! Homemade trail mix, apple slices, jerky, gummy bears, fiber one bars- thanks friends!!!! I brought the first aid supplies which thankfully we didn't need :)

Here I am setting out, around 11:30 pm on Friday. With my water backpack (that was leaking but Kerri found the leak and fixed it, many thanks), headlamp, sweatshirt. Water backpack and headlamp were birthday and Christmas gifts from Kerri, respectively.

Enjoy the other pics of the wildflower fields, views, sunrise, Olivia and Kerri, hardcore hikers, and the "take that timp!" pistol picture.



























































No comments: