Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tomato Tuesday

Today I had the chance to babysit Ashley before she starts kindergarten next week! Saige was there, too but she slept most of the time :) I LOVE how she wakes up happy, though! Ash and I had a lot of fun together-being silly. She took my headband and pretended it was a "sleeping mask" (see picture below) then she used my camera to take pictures of me being silly. Like pretending to be "Frankenstein" We also played a game of her putting her foot up to my face and I would pretend to pass out :)

We also played "doggie dice" Kinda like bingo, canine style. And Ash was telling me to "read the constructions" Instructions. Finally, my favorite conversation of the day! From Carter and 2 of his friends right after school.
Friend 1 to Friend 2: "You really gotta find someone."
Me: "Like a girl???"
Carter: Yeah!
Friend 1: "I found mine in 2 days!"
4th grade boys-LOVE it!








Today I also enjoyed "spoils" from my parents garden! Many thanks to them :) I ended up with cucumbers, zuchinni, eggplants and several varieties of tomatoes. There is something special about these tomatoes- they are "heirloom" tomatoes. Tomatoes that have not been "cross-bred" to be perfectly round and red. These come in different colors like yellow, black, mauve-ish red, stripes. Some much more bumpy than round. They have names like "black crim" and "black cherry" " antique" Mmmmmm..... BIG fan of them.

Yesterday, I decided to tackle cleaning and organizing my closet. Once that was done, about 8:30-ish, I decided that it would be a good time rearrange my bedroom furniture! LIke i said to Kelsey, "This might not be the best time to do it but I'm not always good at talking myself out of doing stuff....." And I have several pieces of large, heavy furniture that I inherited from my Grandpa Morley (a rolltop desk, a large vanity with a 3x4 ft mirror, dresser, etc) The desk was the hardest to move, but it was the only that got moved once! I kept moving the other pieces around. I would take the drawers out so they would be easier to move, than I'd move it, put the drawers back in and decide it wouldn't work there. Drawers: back out.

Once it was done though, 90 minutes later, I was thrilled with the results!!! I especially like having the dresser in my closet. All my shoes, clothes, jewelery, hamper, right there in one "zone"

No comments: