Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weird.Dreams. For Real.

I want to get a record of these dreams before I forget.... And this one's for you Mom!!!! It's the "weird dream" gene.......

The other night I dreamed my dear friend Kerri's younger brother (nicknamed "Deeds") was apparently a 2nd cousin to my brother-in-law, Jim. Apparently, Deeds needed a place to stay at the end of the school semester before catching a flight home, so why stay with a distant relative instead of your sister?! Makes perfect sense, right????

Anyway, my family met Deeds and was convinced we needed to get together, that we were destined. I kept telling them, "I've met him plenty of times! If he really were interested, he would have done something about it by now!" End of dream.

Now this next one was REALLY weird...

Apparently there was a family wide vacation to disney land. LOVED it. (which coincidentally I'd just been talking with some friends that day about their trip to the DL. Isn't it funny how daily experiences work their way into our dreams????) Pretty uneventful, but very fun. Until we got home. Then my parents decide that we should have a party at 1am!!!!

So random people started showing up-kids from preschool class, and I could NOT remember one of their names (started with letter "N"?) my boss from work, there was a 100 yd dash to an old wood fence in the backyard, (which I won by the way) And I think there may have been a pool.....

Before that, we stopped at the home of a guy in my ward, Josh, for something. And no one could find whatever it was we were looking for. (but I did get an e-mail from him about hymns for sacrament meeting just before I went to bed-hence the dream connection)

Then my mom took me back to my apt. My roommates keys were hanging in the lock. Then, I walk in and there's a lady in her 50's, bleached curls,making herself at home, sewing in MY living room! Everything was turned around. The washing machine was now on a corner of linoleum in the living room, my room was full of boxes not belonging to me.... We had a lenghty discussion, my roommate was asleep, as to "Are you SURE my roommate knows I'm coming back-I just went on vacation for crying out loud!!!"

Then, I was really tired after a late party and did NOT want to go to work the next day, but the strange lady had the same name of a sub I'd heard of in the past and so I asked her if she was a sub for HS and she said "Yes." Sweet!!! But she had no idea where my school was even though she said she'd subbed there before and I was wondering how she was going to get up and go since she'd been up late working on her sewing project.....

Then, I realized I'd brought NONE of my luggage with me from the party. So I had to call home, ask them to bring it to me and my mom and my sister Jenn (who'd magically reappeared after leaving the party) brought me my luggage.

End of dream but then about 30 seconds of panic on my part- where am I???? Was I supposed to get up and go to work???? Do I still have the same apt and roommate???? That's how real the idiotic dream felt! Remembered it was Sunday, fell back on my pillows, sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Too funny! I wish I could say those kinds of dreams are rare for me. But, thanks to dear Mom, I have the "weird dream gene" too!!