Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fantastic Friday

-dinner with friends/Brian and 6 other girls ("Brian and his harem")
-dinner at Himalayan Kitchen (Indian food) and only ONE item (the momo dumplings) was too spicy for my liking, HUGE step for me. With the aid of water and white rice :)
-wasn't cold while we were outside (special thanks for white hat with the ear flaps!)
-made the following for Jess' wedding shower: rice krispie treats (well, I made them yesterday, I cut them today) chocolate chip bars (didn't burn those!) and the new favorite..... sweet basil cheesecake dip. Hellooooo, delicious!!!!
-ate "naan" (Indian bread)
-made memories. For example, Mandy wrote down all the dishes we ordered on her paper napkin so after dinner we all signed it so she could keep it. I didn't write anything catchy but I DID print my name under my signature since my signature is NOT easily identified as my name
-had a good run

-LOVED the Sundance movie we saw (thanks for getting tickets, Brian!)
-Gained new resepct for the movie industry thanks to the documentary "These Amazing Shadows" about how films are selected for the Nat'l Film Registry, how they are preserved and restored, but esp how movies are like a "family album" or a "time capsule" recording our history at that tme (clothes, hair speech, current events,) It was an "Oh, yeah.......I get it" kind of moment for me!
-got a LOT done at work

No comments: