Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well, that was awkard....

Tonight I was making calls for visiting teaching appts (yes, it is the end of the month but in my defense I have no car and have had no solid companion for months. Anyway....)

This is how a conversation tonight went down...
After we got through the introductions, hi-how are you's....
ME: So, how is school going?
HER: (Awkard pause) Um, how did you know I was in school?
ME: Oh, I just remembered you talking about it before. I promise I'm not a stalker (yes, that phrase was a BRILLIANT choice) I just remembered.
HER: Ok
ME; So can I visit teach you on Sunday?
HER: Actually, no offense to you but I talked to the bishop months ago about being taken off the visiting teacing list. I'm surprised you didn't get the memo.
ME: Ok, thanks. Bye

I hung up the phone, trying to figure how I could have had a conversation with this girl on Sunday, about school, and now she doesn't want me to visit her? Weird. Then it hit me, I had an older number for a girl by the same name. THAT's who I called. Oops! I thought about texting her back to explain the mistake but then decided against it, as it meant having to explain that although I hadn't seen her at church in months and had never visit taught her before, yet her number was still in my phone.....

Funny thing is, this has happened before. Last summer I accidently called my boss (again same name) and tried to convince her that I was her visiting teacher and needed to visit her. We had a good laugh-thank goodness! And, no her voice didn't sound funny, it was just the wrong voice!

One situation that I thought be awkward today was attending a viewing on my own. The father of a very good childhood friend, family lives in my parent's stake, uncle's ward, etc. Haven't seen my friend for 12 years but I really didnt' want to regret passing up supporting the family. Leading up to it, I had butterflies! Would anyone know who i was? What would I say? It ended up being fine and I was glad I went. Extra thanks to my awesome roommmate Kelsey for picking me up and dropping me off!

Now to reflect on my visiting teaching trauma with the aid of some ice cream..... And to edit my list of cell phone contacts....

2 comments:

Nay said...

It was so wonderful to see you again! Thanks for coming and supporting us. Has it really been 12 years? Somehow it doesn't seem that long ago-time sure does fly.

Cher said...

ha ha, that IS awkward. oh well, at least you don't have to see her.