Monday, October 4, 2010

Food. And Lots of It!!!!

I could probably sum up this past weekend in one word: Food. Lots of food. Here is the culinary recap.....
Thursday: Dinner at the folks. My mom's 5th cousin and spouse were in town for Conference from Norway. Delightful accents, lovely people. Treated our Scandinavian guests to Hawaiian haystacks and they were very well recieved! Coincidentally, that's also what I had for school lunch that day......

Friday Night: Saw Ramona and Beezus (LOVED that movie) and had dinner at Cafe Rio with a pork barbacoa tostada. I love pork barbacoa, the sweetness and softness of it :)

Saturday morning: Conference breakfast at a friends- she made Ableskivers, a danish puff pancake type treat. Reminded me of a cream puff-delicious!!! There was also loads of fruit, sausage and bacon. Can't remember the last time I ate sausage......

Saturday afternoon: Went out with some friends for a birthday to Kneaders- a place that is tasty for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Enjoyed my turkey and avocado salad. Actually, I like avocado in any form...... I picked out the purple onions though......

Saturday evening: Had dinner with girlfriends and my mom joined us as well! We ate at Rumbi Island Grill- devoured my carribean chicken salad, a new meal selection for me.....

Saturday night: Ice cream with my Mom at Leatherby's. Had cherry chip ice cream. Haven't had ice cream with cherries in it in a long time. It was a happy reunion :)

Sunday afternoon: Dinner at my folks and we invited my sister and family, too. Was unsuccessful in trying to convince my niece that I was not too old to go to preschool with her.
Used up excess chicken and sauce from Hawiian haystacks to make chicken enchiladas.

Made SO many good memories assoicated with food and the people I shared it with :)

And I was spiritually fed as well from watching Conference. Especially touched by President Packer's "being not ashamed of the gospel of Christ" and Elder Scott's admonition to "develop character."

3 comments:

Cher said...

i totally missed elder scott's talk kids sometimes do that), i am excited to read it.
love how you related all the food back to spiritual food. lovely post.
p.s. ALL the food you had sounds delightful!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Yum! Have you ever made pork barbacoa, Cafe Rio style? I've got a good recipe for it if you'd like.

Marchelle said...

you have a great life, you know that?? :) love you!!