Saturday, October 23, 2010

It was the Jalapeno's!!!!!

Yet another food-related blog post. Shocker, I know.

So this was my dream from last night. A local crime (murder?) has been committed. I don't think I knew the accussed, or the victim but I have a gut feeling that he's innocent. The story goes that he was making chili at the time the crime was committed and one day my immediate supervisor finds a new recipe for chili that involved jalapenos, the recipe that she beleives he used. Apparently once you peel, chop and saute jalapenos it takes up so much time that there's no time left to commit a crime.

So I set up a meeting with the school principal to plead my case (ask me about that in person sometime) because dreams have a mind of their own and WHY would you go to the police when you could go to the principals office????

There was some kind of food fair going on and I saw friends from my singles ward offering me lots of food samples. I dressed in my finest with my parents and we went to the office, I was clutching the wrinkled, written on recipe in my hand. And somehow in the middle of this my cousin Adam appeared next to me, replacing my Dad, talking about how his daughter Lizzie did have her live in animals in the school parking lot but they WERE supervised.

Then I begged/demanded that he let me talk for five minutes without interrupting. He agreed but I don't think I made it very far through the five minutes before he told me our meeting was over. Hence as I was being dragged from the office, crying, I yelled, "IT WAS THE JALAPENOS!!!!"

My dreams have a way of coming back the next night and finishing, I'm hoping this was one of the those.......

No comments: