Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Stuff I've Done Recently

Here's a sampling of activities from this past weekend- birthday post to follow soon......

-Recieved birthday/shoe shopping money from the folks and went shopping with Kerri. Got some shoes I needed, some that I didn't necessarily need..... But really, doesn't EVERY girl need a pair of periwinkle stilettos with a peeptoe???? And a pair of basic red flats in NOT the same as red patent leather heels, right????

-At any rate, we had a great time and then headed to Thai Siam for dinner. I love THAI food but am a wimp when it comes to spice,thankfully there were several non-spicy items on the menu, and I'm huge fan of their rice noodles. They look kind of elastic bands but taste ever so much better! It took us a few tries (and a few cruises down State St) to find it but we did, the service was fantastic and we got to the theatre (with just a small adventure in parking) just in time to join other friends in a showing of "Oliver." Our friend Adrien was starring as Nancy, and she and her fellow cast members were phenomenal! The ability to pull off a British accent so clearly and consistently amazes me......

-Saturday- Rainy Day and Game Day! Tickets were a bit of adventure, between my immdediate and extended family there was a handful of extra tickets so Kerri and I ended up sitting with my cousin Marchelle in her parents seats, and my sister Jenn and her family were able to use mine and my mom's and marchelle's seats. I was glad my sister and so many of her family members got to go to the game!

It was pouring until the game started (but we had trash bags to sit on so at least our bums stayed dry) but then miraculously the rain let up until the game was over. Hallelujah!!!! It was a close game (closer than it should have been) up until the final minute or so when BYU knocked down all of Wyoming attempted receptions. Then.....breathe! And sing the fight song! I don't like to leave the stadium until I sing the fight song after they win. (For real. I ask people to wait for me so I can sing it in the stadium)

One of the most fun parts of the game was having my nephew Jake, age 7, sit next to me. And keep me warm when I couldn't stop shaking.... I LOVE that kid. He is so inquisitive and perceptive. He took note of everything from Cosmo to the tv cameraman, and asked questions like if Cosmo could play in the game, and were the ropes that raised and lowered the field goal nets mechanical???? I taught him cheers such as "Go Defense! and Push 'Em Back!" And of course he joined in on the "ra ra ra ra ra Goooooooo Cougars!" Not a flawless victory but a gutsy one!

After the game, what is becoming tradition for me and my friends on any trip down south..... a stop at the pita pit! And they had whole wheat pitas this time! Yay! I decided to big this time and order the added avocado and hummus. I'm a fan of hummus :)

Then home, DI shopping for halloween with my friend Emily, e-mailed my mom and sister who are in Spain right now, and to bed with a big smile :)

What a good life I have! How blessed I am!

No comments: