Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Much to Be Grateful For-Tuesday 10/26

Gratitude is something that has been on my mind a lot lately- especially as the father of one of my dear childhood friends just passed away it has really made me not want to take things for granted so...... here's a rundown of today



-My students behavior was OFF and subsequently my patience. It was one of those when I wonder if they go home and tell their mom's and dad's- "my teacher was just ornery the whole time......"

-But we did an activity that they loved- the letter this week is "e" and "E" so I hid several eE's on cardstock around the room and they could look for them. Most of them forgot the instructions (just leave them there and come tell a teacher-there's two of us- that you found one) and not all of them knew what letter they had found but.... hey! They were engaged and having fun! I'm going to try hiding "1'"s on Thursday......

-They also liked the "rhyming basket" I made for today. block/clock, car/star, bell/shell, you know. Again, the concept has not yet sunk in but I will take engagement any day!



-Tuesday I babysit for a friend, she has five kids including one with severe autism so I babysit for her while she's at choir and dad's at bishopric meetings. Dad happened to be driving home as I was walking from the bus so I got a short ride which was nice.

-I eat dinner with them. Tonight was fettucine with chicken- yum!!!!

-The kids all went to be easily at 8:00. They usually do-thank goodness!!!



-I left my bus/trax pass at home but thankfully had just enough cash on me to pay for a ticket on the way there. Had no ticket for the way home but dodged trax cops. Twice. Once as I one getting on a cop was getting on, and when I was getting off, a cop was just getting on. Very grateful for that one!

-Got to the trax station with just a minute or so to wait for the next train, and my ipod lasted for serveral minutes before it died......

-I'm not sick.

-Had a fresh banana with my school lunch today. I love bananas......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sick... that's a great one! Sometimes I forget to be grateful for things that don't draw attention to themselves. I mean... I'm grateful I don't have a burnt tongue and a papercut or a hangnail.