Monday, June 16, 2008

Who Wants Brunch????


Friday afternoon as I was talking to Marchelle, we came up with the idea of having a Sunday brunch and inviting sisters who were less active or new in the ward. Planning and preparing was a lot of fun; Marchelle was even brave enough to go grocery shopping with me. (I have habit of getting distracted and walking away from the cart.... Thanks, Marce!)

Mom even helped out; letting me pick flowers from the garden for a centerpiece, because what is a brunch without a flower centerpiece??? She also helped out in making the crepes, since I slept through my alarm an extra hour. (That rarely happens, seriously, and if you know me well, I think you would agree.) But thanks Mom!

I made muffins but forget to add the baking soda = muffins don't rise = very dense muffins! I just told everyone they were "packed with love" and they were! We also had fruits, nutella, whipped topping. It was so fun to gather with sisters in the ward and do something other than dinner, movie, etc. As far as I know, a good time was had by all!

I look forward to future brunches with more love packed muffins!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi heather, this is addison. i was just trying to find your blog, and instead of 4, i wrote four, and i came up with a blog. it said something about teaching in china, and it was something really close to yours. i just thought i would let you know that if you type in four, instead of 4, you come up with that.

^_^addison