Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"C" is for Chimpmunk Cheek and Crooked Smile!!!!

Here is a picture of me yesterday, home just after my root canal was complete. I'm giving you my best smile, but as you can tell it looks a bit.... crooked! And that's OK- it complements my chipmunk cheek! Seriously, if you can't laugh at yourself.....

The best way I can describe having a root canal done is that I imagine it's what a "Bride of Frankenstein" might have felt like. You're laying down in this chair, bright light shining down on you, masked people staring at you, metal tools sticking out of your moth, more going in!
Overall, it wasn't painful, though my jaw was propped open for a 1/2 hr and I couldn't swallow- it could have been worse.

Actually, I was so worn out from a full day of class and then laying down in this chair with my eyes closed, listening to music that I almost feel asleep. I suppose that's why I was making sounds and the dentist asked if we was hurting me- but how are you supposed to answer when your mouth is propped open. I tried to pantomime "sleep"- don't know whether or not I was successful!!!!

After I got home, Marchelle picked me up for FHE and I confess, I had a lot of fun casually telling people, "What's new?" Me: "Oh, I just had a root canal done today- but I'm fine." Talk about a conversation starter! Marchelle thought my smile was "cute" (now that's a true friend!) and every time she saw me smile at someone, we'd both start to chuckle, for how my smile looked!

What an experience! Enjoy some good chuckles at my expense! I don't mind a bit!

1 comment:

cherilyn said...

that looks and sounds like NO FUN. i'm glad you have a good sens of humor about it. :)