Friday, June 6, 2008

What a great weekend!!!!!



The past weekend (OK, so it's about 6 days late......) was awesome!
Friday night I went out to dinner with the RS presidency, the food was great, the company was even better! I love serving with those girls and being able to make meaningful relationships with girls in the ward.
Then we had an RS sleepover. We had all the elements of a good sleepover- girl talk, junk food, games, etc. We had lots of laughs and I feel like there was a real spirit of friendship there-everyone included.

The next day I saw my twin nephews baptized. This was an especial experience for me because these are the boys that sustained brain injuries like me, (before they were adopted) and I have been tutoring them for the past year. So being aware of the challenges that they face, and have have faced, and seeing firsthand how much they have grown.... Well, I couldn't stop smiling.
I was also asked to say the opening prayer for the service which meant a lot to me.

Sunday I taught the RS lesson on self-reliance. I felt really good about it and I had a lot of support. I wanted it to be "outside of the box" and directed for the young adult group, so for example, Marchelle came and talked about her weight loss and how it's important to take care of herself, Amber talked about her container gardening work that she's done. And I talked to, of course. My "tip" was to make things easy to put away- so that they will get put away! And when your house is in order, life is so much easier to bear...

But a real highlight of Sunday was that Marchelle and I were like twins!!!! (This is a much better picture of her than the last one....) We both wore red dresses, and the same earrings! I couldn't resist documenting that moment.... Even if my eyes were closed for ALL 3 pictures we took! Typical......

That night there was a multi-stake fireside, the guest speaker was a man who had been baptized 6 years before all men could reiceve the priesthood and hearing from someone who actually experienced that was refreshing and really made me think.

Whew!!! This is long enough- but what a fun and memorable weekend I had!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Heather,

This is Allison "Lowe". I found your blog off of your facebook website. You are doing so many amazing things. Congratulations on everything.

Allison