Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moments to Remember

Here are some of my favorite moments from my trip to Bloomfield, New Mexico
  • A couple weeks prior to the trip, Carter told his friends he was going on a trip. Only problem- he couldn't remember where he was going! He told people he was going to Egypt, Mexico, China, etc. On the way to NM he was aware that he hadn't seen his cousins in over a year. So with all seriousness he asked his mom, "What if we get there and they don't recognize us?" Followed by, "Do they speak New Mexico there?" He's been going through a phase where he will try to speak different languages- at least he says them to me!
  • Emma, sitting on Grandma's lap during sacrament meeting, was paying with Grandma's earrings. Apparently that wasn't engaging enough as Emma started swinging the earrings back and forth, singing, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!"
  • Ashley, upon seeing a spider near her bed, let out (seriously) a blood-curdling scream. We all thought she'd been seriously hurt. Nope. But the next time she saw a spider she grabbed a tissue and took the spider to the garbage. Way to go, Sashee!!!
  • Emma came in from playing outside but upon reaching the table where the adults were sitting, she forgot who she was talking about. She kept looking back and forth between her mom and Aunt Bubs who finally suggested a name. I don't remember what the grievance was, but as she ran out the door to play, we heard her call out, "I told on you guys!"
  • Another time she came in concerned with the "crack in her thumb." The fold we all get when we bend our thumb.
  • Hearing Braedyn sing "I'm a Believer". Only 10 years old and can sing completely on key!
  • Getting stuffed on Chinese food- my favorite foods are a toss-up between beef and broccoli and anything with shrimp.
  • Jumping on the trampoline, as long as I'm not wearing a skirt- I can't resist!
  • Laughing over Galaxy Quest and pondering "Lion, Witch and Wardrobe." I'd like to meet C.S. Lewis some day....
  • Holding Lauren on my lap- she reminds me a lot of myself as I child. What I can remember anyways....
  • Seeing Madeline so grown up and singing to High School Musical. Carter watched all the lyrics on the screen and tried to sing along- really cute!
  • Riding in the van with my mom, sister and two kids. Trying to sing "The Cat Came Back," but we could never get past the chorus and one of the verses. Or maybe two...
  • Playing "Blurt" where you have a definition and try to guess the matching/appropriate word. Turns out an island is nothing like a peninsula. Depot said that, "if we were playing synonym blurt, I would have won that round for sure!"
  • Eating good homemade food- such as my brother-in-law's caramel ring, and Braedyn's double chocolate cookies.

No comments: