Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm glad I don't look like you....

"I'm glad I don't look like you." Yes, a coworker actually said that to me today.
Here's the story: Started getting congested today and hoarse. Pretty much felt miserable but apparently misjudged how I looked when a co-worker said to me, "Well, I'm just glad I don't look like you. I feel sick, but you look like you look sick." I think she meant it in the kindest way, I wasn't offended- and when my co-teacher and I got back to our classroom we shared a quick chuckle.

And in fairness, I had another co-worker today ask me if I was OK because I was wandering around in a daze. You know what it's like when you're congested, right, it's like you're living underwater. You can only half hear and you can't smell much.

Now that I am home though, I am feeling much better :)
And speaking of looks.... I just got a new one! I have bangs now!!!! In case anyone was wondering......

Are you glad you don't look like me, too????

4 comments:

LEX said...

we all (yes all) just got over strep at our house. Miserable!

Cher said...

i think i know who said that to you. :) i have a teacher friend who always says stuff like that. comes out tactless even if it is true. just kidding, she works up here by me, but i know how you feel. ha ha.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Seriously??? Who says that? That is funny, though. I'd chuckle, too.

You had bangs at BYU and I always thought they looked so good on you-- very fresh. Cool!

Taresa said...

Even if you look sick, who tells that to the sickly? lol. I would laugh about it too. Some people these days though!

You wear bangs well...they look great on ya ;)

Hope you are back to feeling better soon!