Sunday, January 24, 2010

From the Mouth of Babes

Things I've collected from small children lately- relatives and those that I work with......

From Alberto Cuevas- not his real name, but whenever we do games or songs where they their names, he always says his full name "Alberto Cuevas" I find it too darn cute to correct him!

From A: picking her up one day, she patted my chest and asked in all sincerity, "Why are so fluffy right here????" I quickly put her down and suggested she ask her Mom. Fluffy. That's a new one....

From Beck: he and his sister were playing at Grandma's house one afternoon while their Mom stopped. Beck wandered upstairs while Mom and Grace were cleaning up. Gma asked Beck if he would go help clean up, too. He said with all politeness and sincerity: "No, thanks!"

From Alberto: carrying an armful of blocks to put away on the shelf. "Help is on the way!!!!!"

From Ashley: Went with her family to the SL Symphony Family Concert Yesterday where Grandma was playing. Mom had told Ashley that there would be little girls there playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" Ashley misunderstood and thought that she would be one of the little girls playing in the concert. Made sure to tell Mom to bring her violin. Confusion and tears ensued. Solution: Ashley gave a little concert on stage after. She gave a beautiful performance, looking up every few measures or to see who and how many people were watching her play.

From Colton: (the aforementioned child who uses gospel teachigns to justify his behavior) "I try to be good but it's just sooooo hard!" and "I wasn't trying to kick them, I was just trying to get away" and "I wasn't yelling. I was just talking loud!"

1 comment:

Cher said...

i love kids, they are too funny