Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Holiday Mems....

Here are more holiday mems for you blog reading pleasure......
  • Playing the Wii. Dad gave Mom the entire Wii package and we had a lot of fun playing and a lot of time playing it! I'm best at bowling, Ok at baseball, stink at tennis but I'm OK with that...... Plus, it was a lot of fun to create our own "Mii"
  • Speaking of the Wii, Carter was very entertaining to watch bowl. He has a very distinctive style. Wind the arm up several times, like pitching baseball, jump and down and back and forth before letting go..... But his style totally works! The ball gets just enough of a curve... My favorite Carter Wii moment was on New Years Eve, when all the adults were upstairs and I ran downstairs to get something and saw him playing tennis. One human, two players, one remote for each hand.... How anyone managed to serve the ball is a mystery to me...
  • Actually sitting down with M and D and watching the entire "It's a Wonderful Life" on tv. Usually one of more of us is busy doing something and/or, I fall asleep :)
  • Santa brought me a head massager this year. Ahhhhh...... It's basically built like a wire whisk without ends attached. We took turns passing it around, we tried on Sara's hair, but couldn't get it through her hair. Grace thought it would be fun to plop it on people head's her Dad's included, like a hat, clap her hands and say, "Oh, SO cute!!!!"
  • Other fun moments: watching Mr Bean's Christmas (we're big fans of Mr Bean)my neices introduced me to "Black Knight" but I was too sleepy to stay engaged in it. Sorry, girls! Ashley wearing a matching outfit, Grace wearing her "swim shirt" over her clothes, Wickman trying to get Uncle Jim's swedish fish
  • It was a culinary themed Christmas for me, with gifts such as food dehyhdrator, crockpot, Biggest Loser Cookbook, from M and D, worldwide ward cookbook from Ang and Dave. Gave the Susan Boyle Cd and real simple magazine subscription to Cristine and Shawn. All of the siblings got 2 books from Mom and Dad: the peacegiver (LOVE that book) and Joseph Smith Papers, volume 1.

  • Christmas Eve breakfast with Marchelle. I love our monthly breakfasts!!!! We ate at Jason't Deli, shared a breakfast pizza, omelet and fruit. Exchanged gifts: a journal (with personality) for me and a Macey's grocery store gift card for Marchelle. Went clothes shopping for gifts for her Mom
  • Watching BYU basketball, esp the game where Jimmer Fredette scored a record 49 pts vs AZ!!!!!
  • Sleeping, napping, more sleeping.........
  • Time with my friend Taresa, who moved to Midvale from BYU I to do her student teaching. We played the Wii, went for a walk, watched movies (Holiday Inn and IQ) and visited- the most fun of all!!!!
  • New Years Eve with M and D and the Neerings. We played the Wii, watched the ball drop and had melted chocolate chips with marshmallows, apples, and pretzel sticks. And maybe more things that I forgot...... Oh yeah, and hot chocolate was involved, too..... Made dinner with my new crockpot and ward cookbook, made a chicken pot pie-type dish, except there was no pie crust.......
  • Reading lots of good books from the library, including the 700+ pg "The Undaunted" (Lund) "Before the Dawn" (Hughes) "On the Street where you Live," (Higgins-Clark) and "Cream Puff Murder" (Fluke)

Happy Holidays, All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: