Sunday, January 24, 2010

In Love..... With a Food Dehydrator

As previously mentioned, I recieved a food dehydrator for Christmas. And I absolutely love it!!! I love that it preserves fruit and veggies. I love that it is easy to clean. But most importantly...... I love that it is easy to use!!!! I just wash, dry, cut the fruit, put it on the trays, put the lid on, plug it in and let it go!!!!

Of course, there are a couple of catches: You have to have enough food to dehydrate or it kind of defeats the purpose because the pieces get smaller when they get dried. And.... I have to plan out time to dehydrate, (ie- be home in time to turn it off so that it doesn't get too dry......)

Still, I love it. So far I've done apples, apricots and tomatoes. Next up: bananas!!!!
I just don't see "canning" in my future, but I see lots of dehydrating!

No comments: