Sunday, May 2, 2010

Brain Cells at Work

So, now that I have finished grad school and rejoined the human race- it also means that I can start blogging again! Yeah!!!! It also means that I will hopefully have topics to blog about other than my preschoolers, as cute as they are........

For anyone who is still interested in my life after my 3+ month blogging hiatus- here is the latest............
For the completion of my master's degree, I was not required to do a formal thesis, but still had to do a formal presenation where I talk to 3 professors for 45 minutes, then I leave the room and they decide whether or not to pass me.

My topic was "Supporting children with Brain Injury in the Preschool Classroom" a topic that I am passionate about professionally and personally, so it made it more motivating to prepare and less stressful to present.

So, I came, I presented, they asked questions, then I went out into the hall for what was ten minutes but felt like 100 minutes.... and....... I passed!!!!!!!!!!! Not only did I pass, I passed big!!!!! My professors liked my presentation so much that they want me to give it to classes they are teaching this summer, seriously how cool is that?????

I am grateful for many things. I am grateful that I passed, I am grateful that I can get more mileage out of my presenation, I'm grateful that it all went off without any problems, and I'm grateful that my sister and niece (Deborah and Ashley) were there waiting for me and we all went to Costa Vida afterwards.

It was a very happy day........

8 comments:

Suz said...

That is awesome! Congratulations- what a huge accomplishment. :)

tiare said...

YAY! Congratulations Heather! I think that is so cool that they want you to share your presentation with others!!!! Maybe you can share some tidbits here on your blog so we don't feel left out!

Cher said...

that is so exciting! good for you.

Liz Merket said...

Congratulations! You are amazing! I am so happy you are returning to blogging and I can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! :D

I agree with tiare - share some of it with us!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Of COURSE they want you to present to other classes! Heather, you have something unique to share. It's a full-circle experience from overcoming challenges yourself to helping others through similar challenges. And you're great at it! So congratulations on passing-- I'm not in the slightest surprised-- and be sure to let us know what's next for you.

Marchelle said...

woo woo woo moshi moshi!

Taresa said...

Congratulations Heather!! That's awesome! I'm seriously so happy for you! Way to "knock the professors socks off!" You show em' girl!! I'm not surprised that you they were so impressed...the should be, because you're amazing! You have a way of presenting things in a unique, interesting way. I'm sure you'll be inspiring to others who are going through similar situations.You're an inspiring young woman!

Congrats on graduating grad school too! You're my inspiration and a great model to look up too!

Happy early graduation day!! Love you!