Friday, April 17, 2009

Shout out to Someone Special

This is a blogging tradition I would like to start- "Shout Out to Someone Special" The first recipient...... My cousin, Marchelle. I think a lot of people reading this blog know her, if you don't, too bad for you! You should......
Here are some things (OK, eight) I love about Marchelle:
  • She shared my childhood love for Barbies
  • She invites me and includes me in her activities and gives me rides to get there
  • She shared her bedroom with me for a summer when I lived with her family
  • She is completely beautiful and athletic, inside and out
  • She believes in me and encourages my dreams
  • She laughs at my jokes, reads my long texts and listens to my rambling stories, while smiling......
  • She looks out for me in a loving way: "I'm here for you if you need me"
  • She inspires me to be a better, more Christ-like person

Some Favorite Stories:

  • When we were 9 and 10, she spent a week with me at my grandma's (not our grandma) who lived 2+ hours away, so I wouldn't have to go by myself
  • When I could tell people I was moving to the Philippines, she was the first person I wanted to tell. I called her house every half hour until she came home because I wanted to make sure she heard it in person, from me
  • We are both doing the SL 1/2 marathon tomorrow- when we found out tonight that I hadn't picked up my race packet, she willingly adjusted plans to go with me to pick up my race packet

I love you, Marce! Thanks for the memories- I can't imagine life without you. I look forward to the day when we are married with kids and our families can get together and our kids can play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the 1/2-Marathon go?! Did you love it? Did you run the whole thing? I ran 1/2 of a 1/2-Marathon last year and I plan to run again this year. You should blog about it, so we all know how it went.

Deborah said...

Yea Marchelle!