Sunday, March 1, 2009

Power of Prayer

Today was a hard day, for various reasons. If you really want to know more, e-mail contact/blog message/facebook (there- covered all my bases) me and I will fill you in. If not......

The past 24 hours have been busy and somewhat emotionally intense, with both ups and downs. But at the end of the night, when I returned to my apartment, I really did feel somewhat alone. My roommate was with her boyfriend, my sister was ill, my mom was at a viewing, etc. You get the idea.....

Even though I have known many times, about Heavenly Father being the only one you can turn to at times, the only one who is always there, I REALLY experienced that tonight. I got on my knees and I think I cried/prayed/talked for several minutes. Even though nothing changed immediately, I felt comfort in knowing that I really wasn't alone, nor would I be.

Again, the message of this post is not one of gloom but one of hope, and testimony that God is always there, he is never too busy, or asleep, or unavailable. There is no charge, no cell phone bills or minutes being consumed. As hard as they may be, I am truly grateful for the times that remind me who Heavenly Father and who I am in relation to him. I am grateful for the moments that remind me to put my complete trust in him.

2 comments:

cherilyn said...

sweet!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a hard day, but glad you had such a wonderful experience in the end.

Thanks for sharing.