Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grabilella

This past Friday night I baby-sat my niece and nephew, Carter 7 and Ashley 3. The following is a smattering of the events. I didn't want to forget the funny things they said so I recorded them all as a text message in my phone. Safer than guaranteeing that I can read my own handwriting!

Here's how it went down:
(At dinner, eating Mom's good homemade pizza) Ashley: "I can't eat this piece! It has yuckies on it!" It had two olives stuck to the bottom....
(Me, pointing to the Ranch dressing that was on the table)"Carter, do you want some dressing?"
Carter: "That's not dressing! That's Ranch!"

(Me asking Ashley if she will baby-sit for me someday when I have my own baby)Ashley: "Well,.... I have a baby in my tummy. I'm going to have a baby tomorrow. Named Ad-Jonah. Then I'm going to have another baby. Named Play-do."

(Discussing High School Musical) Ashley: "I like Gabrilella." (Gabriella)
(Carter to Ashley) "Ash, you have a lot in common with Sharpay. You have the same name (Ashley Tisdale plays Sharpay). You're both bossy and like to dress fancy. You both have blonde hair and like things just right."
(Me to Carter)"So, are you like Ryan, her brother?" "Well, yeah..... Except I don't wear hats as much as he does."

(When Ashley was crying about going to bed, Carter said to me) "You know what you should do? You should put a movie in. That will tempt her not to cry." (And it will also tempt both of you to stay up past your bedtime.....)

(When Ashley changed into her footie jammies and kept her socks on, Carter said to her,)
"Ash, people with those of kind of pajamas don't wear socks. They wear them with shorts and pants, but not with those kinds of pajamas."

Thanks for a fun night, Carter and Ashley!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Aren't they just the cutest? Not that I'm biased or anything. . .
By the way, it's GRAB-i-lella. For the first couple days, I could NOT figure out what she was saying. Hilarious.
I mentioned your name today, and Ash said, "You mean Heather Litster Neerings?" Catchy, don't you think?