Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In case you need a good laugh.......

Now that I have been through junior college, university, and now grad school, I have had my share of "end of the semester escapades"!!!!
This time, I finally thought I was prepared to get through the end of the semester without any adventures, but just when you think you're safe.....

I had my assignments ready, 1 printed off, the other one I thought I would do when I got to campus, where there is a free printing computer lab in the building where I have all my classes. I went up to campus 2 hours early, because experience tells me that when something is due, expect the unexpected!!!

And I was right, I walked into the computer lab, poised and confident to get my assignments turned in smoothly. I'd been there for a few minutes when I heard someone ask the lab assistant about "being out of paper." Sure enough, 1 large lab, 2 printers and no paper!!!!
Why they were completely out of paper in the middle of a campus, with a bookstore and other resources at hand is beyond me. It was like that time in Manila, no ice cream being served that day at the grocery store because- no scoop!!!


Back to today, they do have other labs, but they don't have free printing, you have to put money on your id card and use that. My card was broke- no money, and no cash, but I did have a debit card! I did manage to figure out how to get money on my card, printed off my work, it all turned out okay.... But what an adventure!!!!

Just for fun: here's a few more of my "turning in work adventures...." (most from end of the semester as well!!!)
  • left my several page paper and my apartment key, inside the apt, and couldn't reach the mgr or any of my roommates. One of the back windows was cracked open, so my next door neighbor helped me break in! But then we had to get the screen back in- Adam Stewart came the next day to put it back in for me. Thanks, Adam!
  • Once I had to peer review a paper- and I accidently threw it away! After spending 10 + minutes rooting through the campus recycling bin- (in front of a large computer lab crowd) I finally had to call the class TA and explain what happened. And I didn't even know whose paper I had! The worst part was explaining to my peer "why" I needed another copy of her paper!
  • Once my the strap of my backpack got stuck in the wheel of a rolling computer lab chair. What is it with me and computer labs anyway???? It took me a few minutes, but finally I was able to track down some scissors so I could cut my backpack free and get on my way!
Enjoy some laughs at my expense- I don't mind!!!!!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Those are hilarious!!

I love the computer strap. Ha!

Aimee said...

I remember when Adam put that screen in for you! That was such a funny story. Sorry. Funny for us, sad for you! But now we can all look back and laugh about it! :)

Alicia said...

That last one is utterly classic.

Kritter Face said...

Heeheehee! I love it!