Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sound familiar???

For anyone who has ever heard a child claim that they are too full to eat any vegetables, but then magically have room for dessert, here's a variation on the classic theme!

Part of my job is to take the students outside for morning recess. Before they go play on the swings, slides, etc. they complete two laps around the track. They can walk, run, etc just as long as they finish.

Today *Henry (not his real name) came up to me, the following is our conversation:

Henry: My head hurts too bad to walk around the track.
Me: That's fine then, just sit here by me and rest.
Henry: No, (trying to be convincing) I can still play.
Me: No, if your head hurts you'd better sit down and rest.

Henry suddenly gets up and starts to run around the track. Amazing!!!!

No comments: