Tuesday, April 1, 2008

About Me

Right now I am a month away from completing my 2nd semester at the grad school at the University of Utah where I am studying Special Education. I never thought I would end up at the U, but I love it there! My professors are really willing to help students succeed and the things I am learning are really made applicable to the Special Ed field. If all goes well. I will graduate in August 2009 with my M.Ed. degree and special ed teaching license.

My main profession right now is teaching part time at an elementary school, grades 4-6. I work with students who have a variety of challenges ranging from autism, learning disorders and communication disorders. I love what I do because when you see a child progress, when they grasp a concept you have been teaching them (and teaching them.....) it feels incredible!!!!

My side jobs include tutoring my 7 yr old twin nephews 2 days a week, and I work 2 Saturdays a month with adults with special needs. I work for the Salt Lake County Parks and Rec helping with Saturday night activities, such as dances, movies, bingo night. I love being around the people- they are some of the most caring people I know!

The rest of the time I love to have fun and socialize! I love going out with friends, serving as ward relief society secretary, chatting with my siblings and parents, and playing with my 26 nieces and nephews! Yes, there really are 26 of them!

No comments: