Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life Lesson #1: Make time for what you love to do

As most of you know I tend to be a reflective person and am big on gaining life lessons and insights. So, here is blog life lesson #1! "Love what you have to do, but make time for what you love, but don't necessarily have to do." Make sense???

In other words, I realized that recently that I was nearing "special ed overload"/ how much time I was spending involved in special ed. Don't get me wrong, I love my field, love what I do, but I have other interests as well. So.....

My sister Deborah, (affectionately Depot) suggested to me weeks ago that since I love writing, maybe I would enjoy a blog. My first thoughts went my schedule/time spent followed by, "based on what I do, what I would I write about?" But now I look forward to the opportunity of a blog. Thanks, Depot!

Besides writing (I'm on journal volume #24), and working with kids, I love cooking, especially baking. Look for recipes and other cooking tips on my blog in the future! I love cooking because I feel such a freedom to make mistakes- if it doesn't turn out, oh well!
My other passion is exercise, and while I am an avid "Biggest Loser" fan, I really don't have any advice/expertise besides exercise is fun- yeah for endorphins!!!!

No comments: