Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Love You Sashee!!!

OK, as a disclaimer, let me first say that I love ALL my nieces, equally! Ashley (Sashee) just happens to be the one I see the most often...
And, I am biased, but that's my job as the aunt, right? Plus, if you don't have your own kids, talk about someone else's!!! For the record, she is not my child, she belongs to my sister Deborah.

This girl can make me smile (or frown) faster than anyone I know. Whenever I hear or think of someone who is discouraged/down on life, I think, "They should spend an hour with Sashee. Then they would feel better!"

There are moments though..... my first full day back from Taiwan and back in a U.S. time zone, I was baby-sitting Carter and Ashley because her parents had just bought a new home and were finishing the wood floors. About halfway through the day, I was exhausted and so when she got hold of my cell phone I let her play with it, thinking, "It's turned off, so what can she do to it?" Little did I know.....

Within five minutes she had managed to pull 8 out of the 10 buttons out/off of my cell phone! I kept them taped on for a few months till I got a new phone. At least the phone still worked. Thank goodness for scotch tape!!! A powerful lesson for me...

But the most loving experience related to her I heard about the other night when Debo and kids stopped by. Ashley has taken to talking on her pretend phone these days. And she pretends to be me!!!! Her mom is "Grandma Litster"

At the risk of sounding too Hallmark card-ish, seriously, having your 2 year old niece pretend to be you.... means a LOT!!! I love you Sashee!!!









1 comment: