Sunday, August 3, 2008

Memory of Smelly S'mores

If you know me well, you have probably heard me use the phrase, (or a variation of it) "Well, at least I/we made a good memory!"

Such was the case last night, as I gathered with some friends at their home to watch a movie. And where there's a movie, there's refreshments, right? Since some of us had been in the canyon the night before, but hadn't been able to stay for s'mores.... we decided we would make our own that time, via the microwave. I even had my choice of choice of chocolate!!! Dark or milk? I chose dark, to get my antioxidant-no guilt fix....

We got the s'mores made, headed downstairs for the movie, and a few minutes into the movie, I took my first bite... Something was wrong! I took another, smaller bite, since I was the guest and maybe the second bite would be better??? But then our hostess took a bite, spat it out and reassured us that we didn't have to eat the s'mores, because she wasn't going to.

Post-movie, we discovered the culprit: smelly graham crackers that had gone rancid- didn't know they could do that! OK, so it wasn't the most tasty memory, but what a fun one! I will now associate s'mores and graham crackers with that night, and think of what awesome friends I have.... and smile and laugh!

No comments: